Sunday 24 May 2015

Member of the Month - MORAG


Tell me three things about yourself -
1. I do a lot of walking with a local walking group.
2. I enjoy knitting, crochet and sewing.
3. I went to kilt making classes and made a full kilt and velvet jacket.

Who taught you your first craft?
I was 7 or 8 years old and a teacher at school taught me to knit a facecloth using garter stitch. Then my sister taught me to read a pattern and use other stitches.

What finish are you most proud of?
Many years ago I knitted a Scandinavian jumper in white with blues and lilacs. That jumper and the kilt are my pride and joy.

What was your biggest crafting disaster?
That was a bath mat using a hook and latch. I just couldn't master it. The project was very heavy and awkward to handle.


List of favourites:-

Favourite yarn - Robin or Hayfield.
Favourite designs - Crochet shawls.
Favourite colours - Pastel shades.
Favourite shop - Watt Bros.
Favourite craft book - I prefer patterns to books.

What would you like to achieve in the future?
I would love to go back to doing Fair Isle knitting but I'm just to busy at the moment.

What do you like to listen to or watch while you are crafting?
Soaps. I love my soaps! I also enjoy listening to music.

What words of wisdom would you give to a beginner?
Rip it out and try again! Aim for perfection and not second best!

What are you working on at the moment?
A shawl - again!

No comments: