Thursday 8 July 2010

Lots more new members!

Josephine finished this lovely crochet set for her niece. She was in showing us the pattern only a couple of weeks ago and it's finished already.


Monika also made these lovely toys. She was commissioned by Joyce. The rest of the evening she spent working on squares for the knit-a-square charity.


Speaking of the charity, if you have any squares please get them to me soon. Our official charity knitting is finished for the year. As soon as I have all the squares I will do a tally, take some photo's and send them off. I'm afraid I'm not going to bring them all in for everyone to see as I have over 200. I also have next years charity lined up and there should be something for knitters, crocheters and stitchers to do if they want to take part. Our unofficial charity is the knitted breasts to for the NHS. If any one would like a copy of the pattern please let me know.


We have three new members and a possible fourth coming along next week. That makes six in total this month. Big welcome to Isabel, Ally and Caroline. Isabel was working on a blue cardigan, Ally was working on a lovely pink baby top and Caroline was working on Christmas decorations. As we are slowly running out of space we might have to find a new venue. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.


Congrats to Donna who got married last Saturday and is currently travelling the US on her honeymoon. And it's Aileen's turn this Saturday. On Tuesday we also have a baby shower for Ellen.


No comments: