Wednesday 26 February 2014

Member of the Month - Audrey




Tell us three things about yourself. 
In 2009 I nearly died. I suffered a perforated bowel but now I am in good health.
At the moment I am training to be a Person Centered Counsellor.
I bake! I make a real mean gingerbread that I am very proud of.


Who taught you your first craft?
My Mum taught me to knit many years ago when I was wee. It took me a great many years to master treble crochet!


What are you most proud of?
That has to be my first pair of socks. In fact, I am now addicted to buying sock yarn and needles.


What was your biggest crafting disaster?
When I was a teenager my Mum had this orange wool that I just had to have. I knitted a scarf that I was particularly proud of.The scarf was made of pure wool and it shrank in the washing machine. It was so small when I took it out of the machine that it would have fitted the dog!


What other crafts do you do?
I do a lot of cross stitch  and I'm learning other crochet stitches at Donna's crochet class. I love baking!


List of favourites -
Favourite yarn or craft supplies - DMC thread and Alpaca and Moreno yarn.
Favourite designs - I love Margaret Sherry cross stitch designs of animals doing human things. Very cute.
Favourite colours - Red and Blue.
Favourite shop - Black Sheep Wool whenever they are at the SECC and Deramores for web shopping.
Favourite craft book - I don't have one.


What would you like to achieve in the future?
I'd like to learn how to do cables. It is on my bucket list for sometime in the future.


What do you like to listen to or watch while you are crafting?
I don't watch a lot of TV. Mostly, I like to be in the quiet, which is very good for reflection.


What words of wisdom would you give to a beginner?
Keep going!


What are you working on at the moment?
I'm learning the new crochet stitches from Donna and I'm doing a Wedding sampler in cross stitch for my nephew.


Audrey is also very proud of the red knitted jumper that is seen in her portrait photograph.


No comments: