Thursday 20 March 2014

Member of the Month - MORAG






Tell us three things about yourself - I love working with colour! It affects my mood and my creativity.
                                                      I adore cats, and in particular, I adore my little Pepper who is a short                                                               haired British Blue.
                                                      I like to please myself!


Who taught you your first craft?
Myself! I'm self taught in everything, knitting and crochet. In knitting I follow a pattern but in crochet I like to work in freehand.


What finish are you most proud of?
Being able to please someone whenever they have asked me to do anything for them. I love doing the little animals and fairies because they such fun to do.


What was your biggest crafting disaster?
A christening dress. I can see finished articles in my minds eye.This christening dress was in antique colours with twill. I started it many years ago, sadly I have no inspiration to carry on with it.


What other crafts do you do?
I have a SVQ1 in Floristry. Not fresh flowers but silk flowers. I do wedding favours, make chocolate boxes and I've done a course on making Fascinators!


List of favourites -
Favourite yarn or supplies - Any good double knitting yarn.
Favourite designs - Cats, dogs and fairies.
Favourite colours - Amethyst and the smokey colours, such as smokey grey.
Favourite shop - John Lewis.
Favourite craft publication - Crafts Beautiful Magazine.


What would you like to achieve in the future?
I have yet to master Tunisian crochet. I would like to do some solid pieces.


What do you like to listen to or watch while you are crafting?
I like the silence. Having worked in retail for many years I had to listen to other peoples musak. Now, I enjoy the silence while I work on my crafts and when I listen to music, I give it my full attention.


What words of wisdom would you give to a beginner?
Just, stick at it.


What are you working on at the moment?
Easter things for the care home I support. I'm doing an Easter tree to display in the front entrance of the home. I may do some bunting as well.







No comments: