Saturday 22 November 2014

Fiona O, Member Of The Month


1. Tell us three things about yourself.
        - I have my own beauty room.
        - My family call me Foal.
        - I love to sing.

Who taught you your first craft?
My Mum taught me to knit when I was about seven years old. I remember doing a blue dress and hat for my doll. I sewed it together and put straps on it. I've still got and use the sewing box that I was given when I was about nine.

What finish are you most proud of?
That would have to be the Birthday cake I knitted for one  of the challenges here at the Stitch N Bitch. Mum had to explain the pattern to me and I was still working on it the night before the competition!


What was your biggest crafting disaster?
I attempted to do a blanket in random colours. I hated those colours! They just didn't work for me. I was so miserable working on it. In fact the yarn and part done blanket are still sitting in a bag somewhere.

What other crafts do you do?
Sewing, crochet, knitting and paper cutting.


List of Favourites-
Favourite yarn or supplies -Stylecraft yarn,
Favouite colours -  Traditional pastels.
Favourite designs - Baby things in general.
Favourite shop - Hobbycraft and the wee local wool shop near my work.
Favourite Craft Book- The Complete Crochet Step By Step Guide.


What would you like to achieve in the future? 
I would like to make something for ME. Probably something like Lisa's shawlette box.


What do you like to listen to or watch while you are crafting?
I like to watch cookery programmes or listen to music. Or, if I'm feeling really clever, then I will read a good book on my Kindle and crochet at the same rime!


 What advice would you give to a beginner?
Don't give up!


What are you working on at the moment?
A little hooded poncho for my niece.




No comments: