Sunday 16 November 2014

Mr Snowman Raises a smile!



The Christmas theme is progressing at a rapid rate within the group. Lyn created this handsome chap just for herself. Although he did get lots of admiring glances from many ladies.


Margaret's mum, Rebecca, a young eighty- something has been knitting lots of hats and little jackets for The Royal Maternity Hospital. It is inspiring that some of our older crafters still manage to support local charities in style. Well done, Rebecca!


Keeping it in the Family, Margaret has completed this wonderful blanket for her Mum's Christmas. This is magnificent!


I had two finishes this week. The cot quilt is made from a panel I bought about a year ago. All I did was add a border, attach to a fleece blanket and then quilt within the sea creatures and plants to add stability. I did a little hand-sewing in the border just to finish it off. More socks for me. I just love using Lisa's yarn. It is so soft and the colours are great.


 Susan completed this masterpiece as a gift for her nephew-to-come. The shawl has been done in 3 ply and is extremely fine. I love these heritage shawls. The little hat matches the shawl beautifully.



Caroline has been using this doll pattern for over 30 years. This little princess is for a friend's grand-daughter. Such a great gift for a wee girl.


Norma loves the Retro style of these little coin purses. The clasps are so cute and the purses are fully lined. Needless to say, they are proving to be very popular.


Stephanie found some yarn in her stash and decided to knit this trendy jumper for her BOX. The self striping yarn is very effective. The table mats were made at the Village Quilters group and the pattern is called The Drunkards Path. The Christmas themed mats are for her daughters.


As you know, Esther is very quiet, shy and retiring. I wish! Anyway, Esther  has been learning to crochet and has completed her first Granny Square. Lorraine is a great teacher but Esther complained that she finds it difficult to concentrate because of the noise! Whatever can she mean? Answers please on a postcard.


Lisa is amazing! This is a little hat for Lady Isabella using Lisa's own yarn and her own pattern!

I have a feeling that Fee chatted to me about a finish or was it a work in progress. I hope it was the later because I can't find a photo to back it up. Sorry Fee. Please set me straight on Tuesday night.

No comments: