Monday 30 August 2010

Linda - August Member of the Month

1. Tell us about yourself.

I am married with 2 children and 2 step children. I work for NHS as an assistant case manager. I love reading but don't get to do it as often as I would like.

2. Where did you learn to knit?

I was taught at school. The first thing I knitted was a dolls blanket. It was in red DK wool and done in plain knitting. We added a red and white gingham to the back using blanket stitch. I thought it was wonderful.

3. What is your biggest success?

My big Mickey Mouse cross stitch because it took me so long to do.

4. What was your biggest disaster?

A blue aran cardigan I knitted. I ran out of wool with only 2 inches at the top of the sleeve left. I couldn't get more of the exact colour in that yarn as it was no longer on sale. It sat in a bag until I eventually ripped it out and used the yarn for something else.

5. What other crafts do you do?

I cross stitch, latch-hook, a little bit of crochet (would like to be able to read a pattern) and I used to do dress making.

6. List of Favourites
yarn- I love cotton (the kind that doesn't split).
product - Overlocker (used for hemming).
shop - John Lewis - love their craft area. Stitch n time in Hamilton.
Online - ebay
Colours - I love blues, lilac and purple.

7. What is your future goal?

I would love to have a room that's all crafts. I can disappear in it for weeks without being disturbed.

8. What do you like to watch whilst knitting?

I love to watch mysteries such as diagnosis murder and murder she wrote.

9. What advice would you give to other knitters?

Make sure you buy lots of wool. Also read the pattern carefully. Have the wool and needles at hand whilst reading the pattern as it helps.

10. What non craft books do you like to read.

I love Harry Potter. Anything with Harry Potter.




No comments: