Sunday 10 October 2010

Elaine - September Member Of The Month

1. Tell us about yourself.

I have been separated longer than I have been married. I have a daughter, Amy, who is 19. I went back to university a few years back and got a business degree which I don't use in my current job with the NHS.

2. Where did you first learn to knit?

I remember doing it at school. We knitted a teddy bear. My mums older sister used to teach me and Anne, a friend of my mum, also helped.

3. What is your biggest achievement?

Just learning something new. My cakes as they are for others and so have to be just right.

4. What is your biggest disaster?

I used to knit for a shop. The first thing I did for them was a baby cardigan. It was handed back to me and was told to sew it again.

5. What other crafts do you enjoy?

Cake decorating, crochet, cross stitch, bead work, clothes making, sewing curtains and bedspreads (although I don't do that last one as much anymore).

6. List of Favourites;
Favourite yarn - anything with a nice feel to it.
Favourite tool - my food mixer for cake making.
Favourite designs - I like anything with colours that blend well.
Favourite shop - any craft shop. Hold me back!
Favourite colours - purples and pinks
Favourite craft book - I like to look at anything.

7. What would you like to achieve in the future?

I would love to learn to quilt. Especially the Japanese folding quilts that Val and Carol do.

8. What do you like to listen to or watch whilst crafting?

Music or soaps. Something that doesn't need concentration. Whilst baking I like to have the radio on.

9. What would be your advice to other knitters/crafters?

Like Anne used to tell me if you are going to do something do it right. Don't be afraid to start again.

10. What are your favourite non-craft books?

I like Chick lit. Any romantic fiction but I love the Chicken Soup series. They make great presents.



No comments: