Friday 14 January 2011

Exciting Times!

Linda has more finishes. She finished crocheting these lovely sparkly scarves for the shoe box charity. On the night she was finishing another scarf which she had forgotten about. This time for herself and using pom pom yarn.

That was our only finish but I did photograph someones newly acquired stash. We all admired and gazed in wonder at Roberta's new yarn. It's called Ondas and is by Katia (the same people who do the amazing pom pom yarn. You knit with the edging and it creates a ruffle effect. One ball is enough for a scarf. Roberta picked it up in Hobbycraft but you can also by it from Modern Knitting along with instructions on how to use it. I have ordered from Modern knitting before and highly recommend them. Can't wait to see Roberta's finished scarf.

We also have some good news. I am in the process of booking our weekend away to Gartmore for the last weekend in May. We all had good fun last time and so look forward to it again. Hopefully a few more members will be able to go along.

On Tuesday I will announce the next challenge. I can tell you just now that it will take place on the 12th April. I also have the autumn theme picked out but I will annoy everyone with that nearer the time ;).

Lastly I was interviewed about our group for Knit Today. The interview will appear in issue 61. Issue 56 is out on the 25th January so I am guessing 61 will be around June. It's something to look out for.

No comments: