Tuesday 16 October 2012

Just a few dresses!








How amazing are these little girls dresses? All of them were the work of our resident sewing genius, Izzi. Each of these dresses were made from scrap material, sheets and pillow cases. The group favourite was the second photograph because it has a huge bow at the back. It was made with just two pillow cases. All of them are going to charity.


Izzi isn't the only one who has been sewing. Jill has finished her cross stitch owl cushion. She changed some of the colours from the original pattern so that they match better. I have to say I prefer the colours Jill chose. This is going to her lucky niece (sadly I couldn't sneak it in my bag).


These beautiful jumpers were knitted by Magdalena and are going to her two younger sons. The previous week Magda was making the chords which tie up the front. We all wondered what she was up to as she stood at the back twisting yarn. Very effective and worth the strange looks we gave her.


Fiona is one of our newer members who has been working on a baby blanket the last few weeks. She now has her first finish which is this beautiful scarf. I love the ruffle effect. I did get her to tell me the yarn she used but it has since escaped my memory (this is why I should write everything down).


I had been working on a pair of socks for my dad and managed to get them finished on the night. Even started another pair (not for dad).


 Elaine also had a finish. For the last few weeks she has been working on a throw for her niece. She finished it last week. Love the colours but I also love the ruffle effect on the edging.


Our Zuzann is also expanding her crochet skills. She has been practicing her double crochet. She plans on turning this into a panel. She will then make more panels and turn those into a baby blanket.

No comments: