Sunday 10 February 2013

Better Late Than Never!


Apologies, I was missing in action one week and have two weeks of photo's to post. First of all we have this blanket knitted by Margaret. She got the pattern from myself and knitted this for a friend who is soon to be a granny. As she doesn't know the sex of the baby she chose bright and cheery colours fit for either.


As I am sure I have mentioned Izzi has been working on some cross stitch pieces for a friends doll house. This is the rug she was working on a while back. The photo makes it look bigger than what it is. It really is quite small and the stitches are tiny. A lot of time and patience has went into this from someone who doesn't really like to cross stitch. Impressive.


Donna finsihed another square from the square a month challenge she has been working on. I am sure I mentioned it previously but it's a group on ravelry and each month a new square is released. Donna says that the differences in them all just by the colour changes is amazing. Donna is using some yarns she bought in the sale a while ago.


This beautiful blanket was crocheted by Caroline. It's going to a little boy. I love the shades of blue and the different square sizes.


Last week Alison brough along a finished cross stitch. It isn't framed as it's going straight to her mum as soon as that's done. I do love these designs. I always love the shades of colour contrasting with the white.


Janice's quilting lessons with Val are going very well. She's not been at it long and she has finished her second quilt. This one is going to her Son and she is already working on another. I have to be honest that if it was me I doubt I would be able to part with it. I love the design on the orange fabric.


Roberta tried her hand at a new style of crochet. This is a pattern for a cup cozy. Roberta isn't a fan of the cozies themselves but liked the movement in the design.

I also have a wee bit of news. Our Magdalena now has her own facebook page for her quilting business. It's called Stitching A Rainbow and is worth having a look. Please like if you are on facebook. She also has a blog with the same name.

No comments: