Monday 10 June 2013

Norma - June Member of the Month


1. Tell us three things about you we might not know.

I am a qualified swimming teacher. I am a qualified hairdresser and I don't like exercise.

2. Who first taught you to knit?

Miss Thomson, my primary 5 teacher, first taught me to knit. She was a lovely woman.


3. What project are you most proud of?

My crochet blanket because I have just learned to do that.

4. What has been your biggest crafting disaster?

When the kids were young we tried to make paper mache pig which they would use as banks. I got them all excited at the idea of painting them. I hung them on the pulley to dry overnight. When we got up the next morning the balloons were still on the pulley but the mache had dropped down onto the floor.


5. What other crafts do you like to do?

I like knitting, crochet, cross stitch, card making and cake decorating.

6. Your list of favourites;

Favourite yarn - wools that are different
Favourite designs - anything with bright colours
Favourite colours - pinks, lilacs and cream
Favourite shop - hobbycraft and bargain wool
Favourite online shop - ebay


7. What would you love to achieve in the future?

I would love to be able to crochet more than granny squares. Would like to crochet hats and things.

8. What do you like to listen to or watch whilst crafting?

Paul Weller. I also like to watch cookery programmes.


9. Any words of wisdom to beginners out there?

Don't give up - just keep trying.

10. What craft would you like to learn next?

Different kinds of crochet such as Tunisian crochet.


No comments: