Sunday 17 August 2014

A new crafting star has been found!


Isabel's son and family have moved back to the UK from sunny California. Her handsome grandson, Ben, had been working on this decoupage picture frame as a surprise for his mum. A real crafter in the making. Well done, Ben!


Yvonne's Mum-in-Law, Mary, knitted this marvelous rabbit for Yvonne. Mary had bought the kit in Hobbycraft. This is one project I would love to try. I should make a list of inspiring projects I would love to do but I get side tracked and I just know I would never get to the end of the list. However, I really would love to make this rabbit.


These Christmas Carol Singers have popped up from time to time in various stages of undress. I'm certain that they did not look quite so seasonal when Roberta was working on them at Gartmore. Now, they are ready and waiting for their first performance  and will be found under Roberta's Christmas tree during Advent.


This classic Hat and coat set has been knitted by Stephanie. It took her a little time to master the complicated stitches that add such beautiful detail to the work. Zoom in and take a careful look at the buttons. They were an internet buy. Stephanie plans to keep this masterpiece in her box. Maybe a great grand-daughter will be lucky to wear this lovely outfit at some time in the future.


Super Ted was knitted by Margaret for a friend in her work. You can tell this little chap is a super-hero because his underwear is visible! Love it!

 
This baby aran jacket was also knitted by Margaret. It is for a little girl who is about to have her first birthday. The buttons are amazing!


I had two finishes this week. The socks are for a friend who is going on holiday to the USA for a month. I used Lisa's yarn for this project. It was wonderful to work with. This year I am determined to learn how to crochet. This is my first baby blanket and I'm delighted with the finish. I will donate it to the Hospice shop in Baillieston who are always looking for knitted and crocheted baby clothes. I hope it goes to a good home.


Ho, Ho, Ho! Its a Santa loo roll cover!Noreen was asked to do make this by a friend. I would like to point out that it is only August and this is the second Christmas related item tonight! In spite of that, I like his whiskers.


Elaine is a whiz with the old crochet hook and this is a wee premie baby hat that she made in a spare moment. The hat is for Lisa's charity.


Twinkle, twinkle, little star........that would be particularly apt for this little baby poncho which was crocheted by Fiona O in a white  sparkle yarn. The little bow was a video tutorial that Fiona found on the web. A pretty gift for a baby shower.


This amazing blanket reminds me of Jacob's coat of many colours. Lisa completed this incredible blanket for the new addition to her family that could make an appearance any day now. Zoom in and check out the stitch detail. WOW!


The final make of the evening is this Red Riding Hood jacket that Lisa made for the wee one. Adorable.

Good news! Karen is just about to complete her nursing training and she has found a job! Yippee!

No comments: