Sunday 3 August 2014

Phyllis - Member of the month.




 Tell us three things about yourself.
1. I'm a Nana of 5 grandchildren, 3 boys and 2 girls.
2. I have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Bio-chemistry.
3. I'm covered in tattoos from ankle to shoulder.


Who taught you your first craft? 
My Mother-in-law taught me how to crochet. I learned to sew and knit when I was at school.

What finish are you most proud of?
I would probably say the circular picnic blanket that I recently completed for my grand-daughter.


What was your biggest crafting disaster?
I crocheted a blue bunnie. I frogged it about 12 times but I did finish it. It drove me to distraction! It was the ugliest thing ever!

What other crafts do you do?
I knit, I sew and I bake.


List of favourites - 
Favourite yarn - I'm a big fan of Lisa's yarns.
Favourite designs - Probably shawls.
Favourite colours - I do like my purples and greens.
Favourite shop - Lisa!
Favourite craft book - Never bought a craft book in my life. It all comes from PInterest!


What would you like to achieve in the future?
I plan to open my own Yarn and Haberdashery shop selling buttons, needles, ribbons and lots and lots of different yarns.

What do you listen to or watch while you are crafting?
I love my soaps. I chill out and crochet at the same time.


What words of wisdom would you give to a beginner? 
If at first you don't succeed.......just ask!


What are you working on at the moment?
I have just started the Calliope shawl tonight. It is an    -Any - Day - Any - Way - Shawl. I'm using King Cole Riot for that.

No comments: