Monday 6 October 2014

Elephants Never Forget!




Caroline P created this magnificent Elephant cushion. Everyone loves an elephant and I think this is great fun.


 Stephanie has completed her Somerset Patchwork cushion. This was the most recent project from the Village Patchers quilting group over at Bishopbriggs. I'm a sucker for blue and I would happily give this a happy home!


My sincere apologies to Jean. I know she had completed a knitted bag with a stylish button but the internet fairies seem to have taken it for their own use. However, her woolly hat is quite safe and has been knitted with Aran weight yarn.


Horatio and Henrietta Hedgehogs found their way to the Fort in Norma's knitting bag. They were made from a pattern that Lyn had. I think these little Hedgehogs could become very popular.


Catriona said two weeks ago  that she was going to make a couple of Christening gowns to go with the little shrugs she had made. Not for one minute did I think that they would have been sewn so quickly. These are fabulous!


This sweet blue and white cardigan was completed by Roberta. Just to add some special appeal to the garment, Roberta has included some odd buttons. Such a brilliant idea!


Jean had a very special birthday on Wednesday. The celebrations started early. I hope you had a great time. Did you remember to apply for your bus pass? A superb addition to enhance this special age!


Phyllis has been very busy with the magic crochet hook. This amazing shawl was made using yarn from Lisa.


Magda has been to Yarndale and she has a new toy. She has been busy spinning her own Aran weight yarn. Is there no end to this woman's talent?


Just to prove my point, this is a picture of a mug cosy she has crocheted.

A big thanks to Janice for taking the photographs and e-mailing them to me while I was  in Ireland.

the &th October is our Cake Fest Night. I hope everyone has been busy doing some home baking. Remember to come hungry!

No comments: