Sunday 21 March 2010

Donna - March Member of the Month

1. Tell us about yourself.

I am 27 and I am a Maths teacher in a high school in Cardonald. I will be married this summer.

2. Where/when did you learn to knit and crochet?

I was taught by the Rowan rep in the Glasgow John Lewis. She fought me to do both. I learned to crochet first about 2 years ago and to knit 1 1/2 years ago.


3. What project are you most proud of?


The little soft toy animals I did about a year ago using Snowflake yarn and the Snowman. Especially since knitting is not my strongest and it was in Snowflake which was difficult.


4. What was your biggest knitting disaster?


It was a hat I tried to make with rowan soft lux. I didn't have a pattern for one so I made it up. I tried it loads of times but it always ended up really loose and would have blown off with a gust of wind, it's still lying unfinished.

5. What other crafts do you do?


I also do cross stitch which was my main craft. I have also done some card making but I don't do that too often.


6. List of favourites


Favourite yarn - I love most yarns by Rowan.
Favourite product - my crochet hooks.
Favourite designer - Carol Meldrew
Favourite store - Hobbycraft
Favourite online store - Amazon for the books.
Favourite colours - I love pastel colours
Favourite craft book - 200 crochet squares which I use all the time and Knitted Icons


7. What project would you love to do?


I really want to make a large throw with crochet squares. I am working on this at the moment on and off. I also want to knit the Beatles from Knitted Icons.


8. What do you listen to or watch whilst crocheting?


I usually have the music channels of and soaps. I love Saturdays for the omnibus' which I can have on whilst crafting.



9. What advice do you give to other knitters or crocheters?


Give it a go. Knitters see crochet as too difficult but it's not. Also it is very easy to unpick if you make a mistake (Donna is giving a crochet class in Gartmore).

10. What is your favourite non craft book?


I love Harry Potter. I also like Lisa Jewell.


No comments: