Sunday 28 November 2010

Dawn - November 2010 MOTM

1. Tell us a little about yourself.

I just turned 40 this year and I live with my partner Alex (note - her first answer to this could not be printed here ;))

2. How did you learn to knit?

My granny taught me to knit a long time ago. I have always wanted to improve though as I was always knitting scarves. I wanted to move beyond it.

3. What is your biggest success?

The bear cross stitch. It was massive and I thought I was never going to finish it. Also my baby sock which I was taught to do a few weeks ago.

4. What is your biggest disaster?

I started a pair of gloves last week. I am new to using DPNs and it didn't go well. I will not be beaten though. I will triumph over DPNs eventually.

5. What other crafts do you do?

I do cross stitch, card making, crochet and a bit of beading.

6. Your list of favourites.

Favourite yarn - noro (for the colour). I love good quality such as cotton, Rowan and Cashmere.
Favourite tool/product- my knitpro circular needles. Anything Cath Kidston
Favourite designers - Louisa Harding and Debbie Bliss
Favourite shop - hobbycraft
Favourite online - Sir stampalot, Great British yarns and Black Sheep.
Favourite colours - red, purple
Favourite craft book - dummies guide to knitting

7. What is your ideal goal?

I would like to knit a pair of socks. I know it would be expensive but I would love to do a warp all in a cashmere/silk mix yarn.

8. What do you like to listen to or watch whilst crafting?

I listen to the radio, especially radio 2. I like Amy Winehouse, Biffy Clyro, Pearl Jam and Led Zepplin. I like my rock music.

9. What tip do you have for other knitters/crafters?

Read blogs because they give better advice on tools. These are crafters who have actually used the products so you get an unbiased point of view. They also share their mistakes so that others can learn from them. Not only that they are also inspiring.

10. What is your favourite non-craft book?

I like Harry Potter, His Dark Materials, biographies, Anne Rice, Terry Pratchett and many, many, many, many, many, many more.

For those of you who don't know Dawn has her own blog. You can see it here on 3 Sneezes and a Magpie.


No comments: