Sunday 6 February 2011

Pretty Pinks and Purples

Apologies for the absence. I have no excuse really. I do have some lovely finishes to show you and all in the same colour range (I sometimes think everyone in the group coordinates their colours when I'm not looking). First of all Margaret had a finish the previous week. She finished her lovely throw. She started work on this back in Gartmore although she has been working on other things in between. She is now working on a lovely mint summer top.

Val also had a finish to show us. This beautiful quilted square is called a Mariners compass and was done using quilting and applique. Every time I see one of Val's finished pieces I think it is my new favourite and this makes no exception. Val is now back to working on her Japanese quilting.

Helen finished one of her famous scarves using Sirdar's Click (a yarn loved by a number of the knitting group). She has cashed in one of her vouchers and is currently working on a crochet baby blanket as taught by Donna.

I also interviewed June and took some photo's of some of her previous work. The one thing I love about these interviews is discovering some lovely finished work none of us has seen before. There was a lot of ooing and aaing on Tuesday.

I also have details from Linda about this years charity so look out for that.

No comments: