Tuesday 21 August 2012

Lessons in Pom Poms!


Our Freya had a finish with some of her famous decoupage. We all admired the colours used on this little pig.


Anthea liked the bag Izzi made so much that she made a larger version and decorated it. I love the blue ruffles.


I think this is the first time we have shown a finish from Grace (not to say that she hasn't had any but they are usually given as gifts). This is a Wedding present. I love the camper van.


Caroline made these sparkly strawberries for the Strawberry Tea held by hobbycraft (run by Lyn). Each of these little strawberries contained a chocolate.


Lyne has also been busy for the tea. She made these tissue and soap covers. You might recognise the lace as she used it to knit her hedgehogs which I posted a while back.


Isabel has been busy knitting for her granddaughter. She is going off to see her next week and knitted this dogs jacket for her.


She has also been knitting for the Big Knit charity. I love the alien and the bumble bees.




Margaret, Stephanie and Helen have also handed in quite a few hats. I think we have now breached the 200 mark. These hats have to be handed in by the 1st October. So I am making our deadline 18th September which will give me time to send them off.

Stephanie has been making lots of hats with pom poms and her secret is a pom pom maker which everyone has been fascinated by. I took some photo's as she demonstrated how to use it.







Voila one finished pom pom.


Isabel liked it so much she borrowed it and made three during the evening.

I have also begun taking names for next years Gartmore. We have quite a few this time round. So I think it will be a good one.

No comments: