Tuesday 14 August 2012

Strawberry Tea!


Last week I showed pictures of purses stitched by Izzi. It's for the Strawberry Tea hosted by Hobbycraft that she got the sewing machine out for. It's this Friday at the times above and there will be other goodies to purchase. It will raise money for Breast Cancer so it's for a good cause. Just from our group buying some of those purses £50 has been raised. I will be there so hopefully will see you there.


The Big Knit is still going strong. We have one or two people racing ahead in the novelty and quantity competition. These are some of Helen's lovely hats.


Stephanie has also been busy again. Some of those beaded hats are among my favourite.


Roberta has joined in too. She has a few with buttons on top rather than pom poms.


Lyn has also started knitting for it. The banana is one of my favourites.


It's not just been about the charity. Caroline knitted this lovely Chef for Elaine's birthday. I'm afraid though that it gives away the birthday celebration (sorry Elaine).


We had Donna along with little Abigail last week. I had attempted to knit for the baby back when we had the baby shower. It went horribly wrong and ended up using the yarn to knit this shawl for Donna instead.


The sewing machines have also been busy. Roberta has got back to the quilting again and made this beautiful spread for her bed. I love the colours.


How nifty is this? This is a quilted burping napkin which Izzi made for Donna. Stops all her tops from being ruined from the baby being sick. I can see a market for these.

No comments: