Sunday 27 April 2014

Fran - Member of the Month


Tell us three things about yourself -
1. I develop food products for a major retailer and that means I'm always doing something new and interesting.
2. I'm a Mum to twin boys who have just turned fifteen.
3. I researched my Family Tree to discover where the twins came from. Eventually, I discovered  that my   great-grandmother was a twin.


Who taught you your first craft?
Probably my Mum. However, my Gran was in the WRVS and did filet crochet which was very intricate. Granny knitted for all of us, but it was Mum who got me into crochet.

 What finish are you most proud of?
Probably, the cross-stitch project I attempted of Footprints Poem which I did for my parents 25th Wedding Anniversary.

What was your biggest crafting disaster?
 I had completed quite a bit of a cross-stitch project before I discovered that I was just one stitch out.........everywhere!



What other crafts do you do?
I do some machine sewing, cross-stitch and crochet. I like to learn new skills. It is nice to try new things like the workshops at the At Home Days here.


List of Favourites -
Favourite yarn - Double knitting.
Favourite designs - Granny stripes and granny squares.
Favourite colours - The muted colours, dusky pinks, beige, browns.
Favourite shop - Hobbycraft or on-line.
Favourite book - "CROCHET step by step," by Sally Harding.


What would you like to achieve in the future?
I would like to continue to learn new stitches, such as the crocodile stitch which looks amazing.


What would you like to listen to or watch while you are crafting?
Just whatever is on the telly in the background.

What words of wisdom would you give a beginner?
Not to give up!

What craft would you like to learn in the future?
I'd love to try felting.

What are you working on at the moment?
The Attic 24 Granny Stripe blanket for ME!


No comments: