Tuesday 20 May 2014

Gorgeous George!




Gorgeous George stood majestically, proudly displaying his royal red wiastcoat. Well, it had to be red as he was  knitted by Margaret. She created him from a kit and added button eyes. Such a cute little guy!


Janice had completed an amazing rainbow baby blanket using a ripple pattern. The colours are so eye-catching. I am quickliy becoming a fan of rainbow blankets. I shall add this to my list of things to try......at some point.


Ponchos are back in fashion! I had a snazzy blue tartan poncho with white fringing that my mum made for me when I was a teenager! Now where did I put? Norma has been busy creating a range of childrens' crocheted ponchos. This is the second size and has been worked in Aran yarn. Fab.


This pretty lilac child's bag was crocheted by Kathleen using crocodile stitch. Some little girl will be delighted with this.


The poncho and hat set were also made by Kathleen for a friend's granddaughter to be. I love the detail on the hat. The second poncho is for Kathleen's own granddaughter, lucky girl. Ponchos are becoming popular!


This attactrtive scarf was crocheted in half an hour by Kathleen! Now this could become a new fad!

 
 I am always amazed at the variety of crafts that our group participate in. This week Jemma had completed a necklace for a lady who normally buys her jewellery in Dubai but now commissions Jemma to create for her. Jemma has been making jewellery for a number of years now and everything she makes is for sale. I particularly love the bracelet. Very stylish.


This fabulous yarn has been hand-dyed by Lisa and is called Ocean Speckled. It is  4 ply sock weight and I want some! I need some!


These "For The Love of Yarn" keyrings are for those yarn emergency moments.........you just break the seal and .......KNIT! A very clever marketing ploy by Lisa. These should go like hot cakes!


My deepest apologies Lisa, technology has beaten me again! This pretty little sun dress and headband were crocheted by Lisa using one of her own colourways, called Rasperry Ripple. Just to compliment the garment, Lisa made a matching button! Now, how clever is that?


Paula bought some eyelash yarn in Watt Bros and made this amazing scarf. It is so soft to the touch. Ideal for those cold winter days.



No comments: