Saturday 31 May 2014

Member Of The Month - SWATI


Tell us three things about yourself.
1. I was born and brought up in India.
2. I am a software engineer by profession.
3. I don't like the British cold weather.


Who taught you your first craft?
My Mum taught me to do cross-stitch. My first project was a small alphabet which I made into a cushion.

What finish are you most proud of?
I have only been knitting for about one and a half years. In fact, I came to the knitting group to learn to knit. I am very proud of the pink baby cardigan which was my first knitted garment.

What was your biggest crafting disaster?
I was trying to paint a lighthouse scene for a poster and the colours ran into each other and mixed.

What other crafts do you do?
I have been making sculpted paper flowers for religious reasons to use as decorations at home. At the moment I 'm learning to crochet.


List of favourites -
Favourite yarn or supplies- Any DK yarn.
Favourite designs - Any baby patterns.
Favourite colours - I have lots of favoutite colours! Red, lime green etc but I am not keen on black.
Favourite shop - Hobbycraft.
Favourite craft book - Anything by Jean Greenhouse who is a Scottish designer from Aberdeen who does knitted toys.


What would you like to achieve in the future?
I would really like to learn to sew and to crochet frogs. My Mum used to sew all of our clothes up until we were teenagers.

What do you like to listen to or watch while you are crafting?
Mostly I enjoy peace and quiet while I am working. I make too many mistakes when the TV is on. It is too distracting.


 What words of wisdom would you give to a beginner?
Keep trying. Don't give up!

What are you working on at the moment?
I'm working on a ripple stitch baby blanket in crochet.



No comments: