Saturday 21 February 2009

Some Sad News

A Message From Ann

I was so looking forward to visiting Stitching Time in Hamilton tomorrow as I had finally finished using all the wool on my lovely red, white and blue socks for my wee daughter. I have just discovered that David, the owner and avid knitter, passed away in January. He was always such a lovely, helpful and incredibly funny man who remembered me every time I went in. I just thought I would share it with the group. Anyway, see you all on Tuesday.

I know that a number of people from this group shopped there. Helen was particularly fond of the store and raved about it all the time. She described it as a candy store for knitters. Everyone who had been there also mentioned the owner who always found exactly what you were looking for even if you didn't know it. I had planned to go along at some point myself but never quite got around to it.

No comments: