Monday 22 June 2009

Laura; June Member Of the Month

Laura is this months member. Unlike previous members she's not a knitter but is actually a cross stitcher.

1. Tell us about yourself.

My name is Laura. I work in construction. I have just finished a college course I did through work in construction management.



2. Where did you learn to cross stitch?

I learned years ago. My mum used to do it and I picked it up from her. Over the years I taught myself.




3. What other types of crafts do you do?

I do crochet and tunisian crochet.


4. What is your proudest project?

My giant tunisian crochet. It was my first attempt at this type of crochet and I decided to do a very large project.

5. What has been your biggest disaster?

I seem to always make a mistake on large cross stitch projects. I tend to just work around them. The larger a project the more likely I am to make a mistake. No one seems to notice it but I always see it.


6. What project would you like to work on?

I would like to attempt socks and to try Donna's double sided blanket.

7. List of favourites;

Favourite colours - anything bright and cheerful
Favourite designer - I like most designs by DMC and Anchor
Favourite product - My large tunisian bamboo hook
Favourite design - the fish design I did a while back
Favourite website - kangaroo.com
Favourite store - Hobbycraft


8. Do you have any advice for other Cross Stitchers?

If starting cross stitch for the first time start with a larger aida size. It's also easier to mark off where you are in a project as you go.



9. What do you watch or listen to whilst stitching

I generally watch soaps. Basically anything you can watch without focusing on it.


10. What non craft books do you like to read?

The Bob Skinner series by Quentin Jardine

No comments: