Monday 10 August 2009

Janette - July Member of the Month

1. Tell us about yourself.

I'm a full time trainer and have been for 16 years. Currently work with 16-18's. I've previously worked on contract, national government and bluechip companies. Basically I love my job. I like developing people and pushing their boundaries. I'm a real people person in private life as well as work. I love learning new things. Like a typical trainer I am a knowledge junky.


2. How did you learn to knit?

My gran taught me. I started when I was 8. Probably pester power that got me to do it.



3. What's your biggest success?

My first sampler quilt because it gave me the courage to cut my own fabric (pictured above). There is another half in New Zealand. The two part together are a twin. My best friend has the other half whichis a mirror image. Much like Scotland and New Zealand. It's also my first hand stitched.



4. What was your biggest disaster?

The green jacket I knitted. Worked so long and hard to have it turn out with one sidel longer than the other. Also two jumpers I knitted for my brother. My gran always added 4 extra inches to the arms of their jumpers. I did the same but they hung off their arms.





5. What other crafts do you enjoy?

Knitting and quilting. I had a go at scrapbooking but I didn't like it. I've won prizes for flower arranging.



6. List of favourites;

favourite yarns - aran yarn, I like the colours, it knits up quick and I love cables

favourite product - My sew line pen. It's like a propelling pencil with different colour chalks.

favourite pattern - anything that's not lacey

favourite colours - turquoise, jade, sof yellow. I'm going through a brown patch just now.

favourite store - purely patchwork in Linlithgow and Nifty Needles which is just across the road from it.

favourite online store - amazon

favourite book - anything with celtic knots or designs



7. What project would you love to do?

Hot hand quilted whole clothe quilt done in purely celtic design. It would take a couple of years to do.



8. What do you listen to/watch whilst knitting/quilting

Radio 2, cricket or anybody elses choice of music. Which is why I like Borders. I also like talking book. I like background noise.




9. What advice would you give to other knitters or quilters?

Never give up



10. Favourite non-craft book?

Lord of the Rings. I've read it about 10 times. It's due another read but I can't find my copy.


No comments: