Monday 11 July 2011

Sheena - June Member of the Month

1. Tell us a little about yourself.

I was born in Inverness. In 1999 I came to Glasgow as a Med student and graduated in 2005. I worked here for a few years before moving back home again. I then came back to Glasgow to work and that's when I started coming along to Stitch N Bitch with my sister Aileen.

2. Who taught you to knit/cross stitch.

My mum and gran taught us to knit at the age of 5. We had little plastic needles and would knit scarves. I then moved on to cross stitch. I used to be able to knit and purl.

3. What is your proudest finish?

The cross stitch I did for my sisters wedding. It was a pattern I got from Japan. I changed it though so that the characters looked like Aileen and her husband.

4. What is your biggest disaster?

My crochet square at Gartmore. I can't crochet.

5. What other crafts do you do?

I cross stitch, sometimes make cards and I made Jam as favours for my wedding. I do DIY but I'm not allowed to do much. I am allowed to paint walls with supervision and hold things.

6. List of favourites.

Favourite yarn - the 4 ply baby yarn that allowed me to knit the bootees.
Favourite designs - Chinese ladies, one day I will finish one.
Favourite shop - hobbycraft
Favourite colours - purples and blues

7. What would you like to achieve in the future?

I would like to be able to knit a baby jacket one day.

8. What do you like to watch or listen to whilst knitting or stitching?

I love films especially stupid, cheesy, B movies. I like Mega Piranha. Basically stupid horror films that never make it to the cinema. Vietnamese death worms is another one.

9. What advice would you give to beginners?

Beginner knitters come here! Also use youtube.

10. What's your favourite non-craft book?

Wuthering Heights.



No comments: