Tuesday 26 November 2013

Janice - November Member of the Month


1. Tell us three things about yourself we might not know.

I am currently doing the discovery award, I'm a Clydesider which is a volunteer for the Common Wealth Games, I was with the air cadets for 5 years even though I hate flying. I have been up in two seater planes thanks to that.

2. Who taught you your first craft?

I learned to knit at school. We had to knit a teddy bear. Everything else has been self taught as my mum didn't do any of these things.


3. What finish are you most proud of?

The t-shirt quilt. I had figured out how to do it before seeing these things on the Internet. Once I was finished I swore I was never doing another quilt that big.

4. What has been your biggest crafting disaster?

Someone bought me a spitfire cross stitch. I got lost doing it and it's still lying there unfinished.


5. What other crafts do you do?

Quilting, sewing and cross stitch.


6. Your list of favourites;

Favourite yarn -  DK
Favourite desgins -  aran
Favourite colours -  creams and purples
Favourite shop - the habidashery down at the forge market
Favourite online shop - ebay
Favourite craft book - essential sampler


7. What would you like to achieve in the future?

I want a big patchwork quilt for myself. I have started already and have a few squares done. Got quite a few to go.



8. What do you like to watch or listen to while crafting?

CSI


9. What words of advice would you give a beginner?

If at first you don't succeed try youtube. Or try here which is even better (knitting group).


10. What craft would you like to learn in the future?

Crochet, it was actually my intention to learn when I first started coming to knitting group. I would also like to learn to knit socks.


11. What are you working on at the moment?

I am working on some patchwork. Doing the squares for that big quilt that I want.


No comments: