Saturday 14 December 2013

Jean - December Member of the Month


1. Tell us three things about yourself.

I support the Glasgow Warriors, I love rugby. I used to have a newsagent shop and the most stressful thing I have ever had to do was this interview.

2. Who taught you your first craft?

I learned to knit at school as no one in my family knitted. I have been hooked ever since.


3. What finish are you most proud of?

My silversmithing. All the jewellery I am wearing is my own make.

4. What has been your biggest crafting disaster?

When I was pregnant with my first son I attempted to knit a pair of bootees. I used a size 5 needle and the finish could have fit a 6 year old.


5. What other crafts do you do?

I also do beading, silversmithing, knitting, felting and crochet.

6. List of favourites;
Favourite yarn - New lanark 100% wool for felting
Favourite designs - bags
Favourite colours - green and purple although not always together
Favourite shop - Yarncake on Queen Margaret Drive, I think it's good to give these shops business to keep them going.
Favourite craft book - crochet for dummies


7. What would you like to achieve in the future?

Knit socks.

8. What do you like to listen to or watch while crafting?

I like listening to music like Bob Dylan.


9. What advice would you give to a beginner?

You never believe when you start something how it's going to end up. So keep at it and you will be amazed by the end product.


10. What craft would you like to learn in the future?

Sewing. I got the sewing machine back out the other day. I had actually bought it for my daughter originally.


11. What are you working on at the moment?

I am knitting an aran cardigan for my granddaughter. I didn't bring that with me as I like something easy when gabbing. So we are also working on these squares to make a throw.


No comments: