Friday 23 August 2013

Lyn - August Member of the Month


1. Tell us three things about yourself we might not know.

I was a store detective for 20 odd years. I had my own wool shop in the Savoy Centre. The cards sold at the till for charity in Hobbycraft are made by me.

2. Who taught you your first craft?

My mum taught me to knit.


3. What finished project are you most proud of?

My knitted nativity scene.

4. What has been your biggest crafting disaster?

Generally anything I sew or machine sew. I've only recently learned from Izzi.


5. What other crafts do you enjoy doing?

I like to make cards, scrapbook, make models and decopatch.

6. List of favourites

Favourite yarn - bonus DK
Favourite designs - knitted dolls
Favourite colours - blues and greens
Favourite store - hobbycraft and craft world
Favourite online store - craftsuprint
Favourite craft book - anything with altered arts.


7. What would you like to achieve in the future?

I would like to become more proficient with the sewing machine - I would like to sew dolls

8. What do you like to listen to whilst you craft?

I like to listen to country music, mainly Irish country.


9. What advice would you give to a beginner?

Keep trying - don't give up (according to Esther, Lyn is the best teacher in the world).

10. What craft would you like to learn in the future?

I would like to be able to paint. I can draw a little but I would also like to paint.


No comments: