Thursday 8 March 2012

Chick, Chick, Chick, Chick, Chicken!


In case you can't tell by the title we have found something new we love knitting. Those Easter chicks which made an appearance the week before. Thanks to Caroline we now all have the pattern so I expect there will be more. These three chick were knitted by Isabel. She is planning on knitting some more to send to her family in the US. Her chicks are slightly better so instead of a chocolate egg they contain a chocolate chick.


These are some of Caroline's chicks and it was she that got us knitting with them. Here she has tried other yarns to see the effect. I think I like the eyelash yarn the best. Plus I am betting it's easier on the hands to knit with. Caroline was also knitting up more of them.


This one was knitted by myself. This will be an Easter present for my sister. I do plan to knit more just to use up the yarn.


I also finished these socks. The yarn was donated to me by Helen and it's beautifully socks. They were knitted for Alison who was delighted with them. I spent the rest of the evening knitting more socks.


This beautiful baby shawl was knitted by Helen for a friend. I love the pattern. Helen was just glad to finish it. I don't think she is planning on another anytime soon. She spent the evening also knitting socks.



We also had Isabel teaching Suzanna how to make a hat with those hoops. She picked it up straight away. She is planning on making it for her little brother who already has a jumper to match which was knitted by mum, Magdalena.

No comments: