Sunday 23 May 2010

Roberta - May Member of the Month

1. Tell us a little about yourself.

I am married and have three children. I also have three grand children and one great grand daughter.

2. How did you learn to knit?

My aunt was a great knitter and had great patience. She taught me to knit and tried to teach me to crochet (I could only do straight lines). I was about 10.


3. What has been your proudest achievement?


Today (at Gartmore) knitting a sock and crocheting a square. I also love Jigsaws and very proudly finished one at 2000 pieces.


4. What was your biggest disaster?


A jacket (similar to the one Janette did) which was knitted with four balls of wool at the same time. Every time I wear it it gets bigger and bigger. Now I wear it as a dressing gown.


5. What other crafts do you do?

I do cross stitch, baking and I make rugs.


6. List of Favourites.


Favourite yarns - Just double knit
Favourite tool - straight knitting needles as I bend mine. When I was at work I used to get the guys to straighten them in the vice.
Favourite patterns - I like the wool that does that for you.
Favourite store - a shop on Argyle st near the Barras. Murry Market.
Favourite colours - Red. I like bright colours as I grew up with browns, blues and greens.
Favourite craft book - At the moment it's Hooked On Crochet.

7. What would you like to achieve in the future?


I have a Celtic Christmas cross stitch kit I would love to be able to do.


8. What do you like to listen to whilst knitting?


I like a mixture of music. Nice music.




9. Any tips for other knitters?


Just patience. Don't be put off by something.


10. Favourite non craft book?


I like Harry Potter which I am reading just now. I also like Agatha Christie. I used to like romance books by Emma Blair and then found out it was actually a man writing them. Put me off a bit.




No comments: