Sunday 19 May 2013

Stephanie - May Member of the Month


1. Tell us three things about yourself we might not know.

I have 6 grandchildren, I used to work in a pub before I worked for Royal Mail and I love to read and watch juicy murders.

2. Who taught you to knit?

My aunt taught me to knit when I was 15. My mum was also a lovely knitter but my aunt had more patience to teach me.


3. What finished project are you most proud of?

My first aran. Also my first Icelandic because they are quite difficult.

4. What has been your biggest crafting disaster?

A set of bibs I tried to sew. The rest of my sewing has been fine thanks to Val but she sent me back home with these bibs.


5. What other crafts do you do?

I also sew and quilt which I learned recently.

6. Favourite wool - Chinese wool. I can't remember what it was called but it was Chinese and I ordered it over the internet.
Favourite design - I love lacy designs.
Favourite colour - pinks.
Favourite shop - ebay. You can get anything from ebay.


7. What project would you like to achieve in the future?

Eventually I am going to do a bed quilt. I've already got some squares for it and I am trying to get some more.

8. What do you like to listen to or watch whilst crafting?

I like to listen to audio crime books. I also like to watch storage wars and auction hunters.


9. What advice would you give to a new member?

I would say to keep trying because my sewing was terrible but I got better with a teacher.

10. What craft would you like to learn next?

Crochet

For those of you who don't know Stephanie that well she hunted out all of these finished baby items for me to photograph. They were put safely away in a box in her loft. In her words, "they're too good to have someone slabbering over them."

No comments: